Overview & Responsibilities:
The Motion Designer will work closely with our team to create top-level industry-leading graphic and motion designs for our film, gaming, and entertainment clients as well as contribute to internal creative and development projects. The Motion Designer reports directly to the Art Directors and specified Lead (2D or 3D) on a project-by-project basis. They will work with designers, animators, and producers in their day-to-day capacity.
Under the direction of the Art Directors and Leads, the Motion Designer will be responsible for the creation and execution of the project’s creative vision. They will develop concept art, mood boards, and style frames based on the direction given to them, as well as help with motion tests and further design exploration. They will also be responsible for production work on client-approved creative assignments.
- Conceptualize, design, and animate work for a wide variety of high profile projects.
- Work closely with the Art Directors to create mood boards, style frames, and other relevant materials for pitches and projects.
- Work closely with the Lead 2D/3D artists to bring approved ideas to life, while also following department workflows and standards.
- Collaborate closely with management teams on internal and external projects.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and project creative meetings.
- 3-4 years experience in the design, agency, or motion design field and/or a solid demo reel, portfolio.
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design and typography.
- Strong storytelling skills and illustration a plus.
- Working knowledge of software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, and/or Maya.
- Working knowledge of rendering engines including Vray, Arnold, Redshift, Octane.
- Working knowledge of animation techniques and cutting-edge software/plugins.
- Excellent communication, conceptual, and presentation skills.
- Ability to take direction and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Curiosity and engagement with industry and cultural trends and developments.
- Self-motivated and capable of handling multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Drive to produce top-level work that meets/exceeds industry standards.